"Where there is discord may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. Where there is despair, may we bring hope." - St. Francis of Assisi
There is much discord in Christianity today. Is it possible to find unity in Christ?
There are many gross misconceptions about God- both inside & outside religious culture. Is it possible to change these misconceptions by living our faith? Not preaching, but reaching?
(I addressed doubt in a previous post) Is it possible to share faith by listening more and proof-texting less?
Bringing a kind word to those who are suffering is important. But a good deed is far more valuable. Putting action behind our faith is the best way to deliver hope to those who suffer.
St. Francis, I wish you were alive today to write a blog & discuss. We could use the mentoring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Great Quote! I think it comes from St. Francis' prayer for peace. You should search for it some time online.
I wonder if we can--or even should try-- to share our faith? Maybe too much "sharing" is what leads to the bitter divisions.
It is hard to find the balance in our lives; doing or listening....
Hi Guys! Thanks for the comments. It certainly is a balance that we must find. I believe the best way to "share our faith" is to be a loving and ethical person. Not proof-texting, lecturing, or standing on the street corner as a voice of doom.
Unfortunately, many consider it better to try and force their opinions on others. I simply do not see this as being Christlike. He was a simple Man with a profoundly simple message. "Love the Lord your God and your neighbor as yourself."
Post a Comment